Saturday, 31 January 2009
Thursday, 29 January 2009
Tuesday, 27 January 2009
The Basic Grey Challenge which was for a recipe that I have never attempted before. I used two pattern papers (SULTRY) one ribbon and bow, one button, three brads as required.
The Penny Black Challenge asked "Frame it". To acheive
the frame - my CB came to the rescue, I used my new shapes which I mounted on foam to get a 3D effect.
I'd say this turned out a cutie one! Thanks for stopping by.
Saturday, 24 January 2009
Carkstock: Glimmer Charcoal Grey
Nesties, CB folders Swiss Dots, Stylized Flowers CB flower dies
Odd bits and pieces from stash.
ps: If anyone has the answer to my confusion, I would love to hear from you, please.
Friday, 23 January 2009
You meet the nicest women out here in blogland. I just got this award, Scrap Honest from Vickie at Vickies Scrapbooking today! She is so sweet and always leaves the nicest comments for me. She does some fanastic scrap pages of her children - they will love them to bits in years to come.
The rules for this award are:
1. Choose a minimum of 4 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2. Show the 4 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing then that they were prized with "Honest Scrap", the nifty icon they can display proudly on their blog.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Here it goes, 10 honest things about me although I don't think I'm nearly as humorous and interesting as Vickie!
1. I hate mobile phones and certainly live without one!
2. I'm a craft fanatic - any day, all day, 24/7 suits me fine.
3. I'm very competitive - I like to win specially at my sport of crown green bowling.
4. I hate not being able to do something and I'm very critical of myself for not being able to do something, but at times my patience amazes me, I just keep doing stuff over - but does this make me a unsatisfied person? It does, I think, confirm my competitive nature.
5. I hated being without my PC - when it was poorly - I was very sad, how sad it that! BUT it's because I love blogging and meeting such lovely peeps.
6. I like to learn new things - I'm back to my competitive nature I suppose.
7. I love Rock and Roll and still (just about) have the energy to jive. Lovely memories of the 60's. My head rocks (I like), but my body rolls on (I'm not so keen on this).
8. My downfall with food is cake and cream and lovely sticky puds. Now my taste buds are screaming, and I'm trying to lose about 12 lbs. Oh dear!
9. I don't like quizs, but have to go to one tonight, drat!
10 I talk to much, think to much, blog to much - no wonder I can't sleep!
Passing The Bloggy Love On: Now for the four blogs I'm passing this along to, this is the best part for me, getting to know great fellow crafters.
See you in blogland soon,
Thursday, 22 January 2009
Heather over in Rica's Haven has given this award to me. This Lemonade Award is given by a previous winner to 5 people who have shown a great attitude or gratitude this week. It’s a great way to show people that you appreciate them. I love the sentiment because there are friends that you want to know just how much their support means to you, and how you appreciated and love reading their comments.
I would like to pass this award along to these lovely peeps Betty Kate Alexandria
Tuesday, 20 January 2009
I was real chufffed when I returned from holiday to find that Chrissie had given me this award. I'm still not feeling very well with this cold/chest infection (ie a little sorry for myself) and this cheered up no end! Her blog is inspiring and you should visit her - you will find it so interesting as she is a very talented crafter. Thank you Chrissie, I really do appreciate this.
The rules are:
1) Post a link of the person who gave you this award.
2) Nominate 5 other people and give a link to their sites.
3) Let your nominees know that they have an award from you.
4) Put a logo of the award on the blog.
It is given to you in appreciation of your lovely and witty comments and for always knowing the right thing to say at the right time....just how nice is that! and I didn't know I did, so I'm even more pleased that at some time I have done the right thing, and thank you all for your thoughtfulness in thinking of me.
I am to pass this award on to 10 bloggers that make me feel special. I am overwhelmed as to what to do, but this time I'm going to give this award to some old friends in the crafting/blogging world who have helped, encouraged, challenged and pushed me at times to continue. Without their support and following, I don't think I would be here writting this. So my thanks and a big hug to them all ..... ikki xx
Alex Andrea Barbara Chrissie Heather Jackie Loretta Mona Traci Viv
Monday, 19 January 2009
The award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!
Monday, 12 January 2009
The challenge this week was for a card using Brown and Pink and, of course, a PB image.
Having made a few cards of this colour combo over the last few
weeks - guess what? Yes, I was somewhat restricted with a shortage of papers. (More papers needed - add to shopping list.) Any excuse! You know I'm never this good at making a list for other shopping, but crafting....no prob.
Papers from HOTP, Nesties labels small and large with a twist - what do you think? I think it's worked. It looks a bit out, but it's an optical illusion, honest!
I'm off on a visit to Edinburgh tomorrow to see my daughter and two beautiful granddaughters. I shall only be able to visit you, but unfortunately will not be able to contribute to any challenges, but I'll be back - probably with more papers! Have a good crafting week.
Saturday, 10 January 2009
Friday, 9 January 2009
for a man card, but now I'm not sure if it is!
Navy CS embossed with CB Distressed strips
Paper: k-ology Addison range
Stampin up Cherry Leaf stamp
Tuesday, 6 January 2009
thinking (and messing around with) for me. My head seems
empty apart from my cold, but crossing my fingers wishing my
cold away probably didn't help! Anyway.... here it is....
Papers: Basic Grey - Sultry
Stamp: Hobby Art and rose from See D's
Cuttlebug border and Nesties Small label
Fiskars Circle punch - Victorian
Thanks for stopping by, hope you don't catch my cold.
Friday, 2 January 2009
was for a tag made with new stash - I had a play with
my new Nesties. I like them! Thanks TYI for the
opportunity to use them along with some stamps I've
had an age and only used once. I also tried some background
colouring - it sort of works! Obviously one of those things that improve with trying - she says with fingers crossed!
Best wishes to you all for a happy and successful crafting 2009.