Tuesday 2 December 2008

This should have been for the PB Challenge, but...


I started this card for the PB challenge where the remit was to use NO patterned paper.

I began experimenting with my CB bells folder and at last managed to emboss three patterns without the folder's edge marking the card. Hooray! I achieved this by making a slightly smaller shape than the folder and adding extra thickness until it would emboss without using the top B plate. I then tape the numerous shims together to give me a permenant template, which I have written on in the hope that I will not lose it! This done, I decided to chalk the white linen card with red, gold and white glimmer.
I was so carried away by my sucess at embossing that at this point I forgot what
the card was for and so added a delightful funny porcelain image that a friend had salvaged from her last year's Chrissy cards. I thought I would return it to her reborn so to speak. But, alas it should have been a Penny Black image!!!!
Never mind, I have until Saturday to tried again and will try to remember what I'm supposed to be doing!
Thanks for dropping by.

4 comments:

Heather said...

It's gorgeous Eileen, and perfect as it is. I know what you mean about getting carried away and forgetting what you are supposed to be doing (lol).
I'm trying to catch up commenting - have got so far behind, sigh!.
Thanks for your lovely comments and your congrats on my DT'ship for BG - I really appreciate yout faith in me.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Eileen, love the porcelaine image and the embossed border. Debbie x

~T~ said...

Very Nice!

Sassy Runner Girl said...

I sure think it is BEAUTIFUL.
I mess up challenges all the time- I end up not liking what I was doing with the challenges, lol.

Thanks for the well wishes on my blog. I didn't realize UK didn't have any Michael's! If you're ever looking for something, let me know and I can try and find it for ya!